Wednesday, April 12, 2006

It has finally happened...

The job search has finally come to a close. This morning, as of 10:58 a.m., I'm a proud employee of George Mason University. I interviewed on Tuesday for a groundsman position, and as I thought, did a fairly decent job in the interview. I was told that I'd be notified of my possible hire by the end of the week. However, I got the call this morning that I was offered the position as a full-time groundsman. Obviously my goal throughout college was not to work as a groundsman, but this serves as a pathway to both furthering my education and working in the field of television.
I'll work 6 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, and I'll be covered with a full benefit package. Secondly, I will "moonlight" at WJLA as a Production Assistant. The sweet thing is that it will enable me to work in television, while I'm bringing in a decent income. Lastly, I plan on using the summer to work and establish myself in the area; but come fall, I'll enroll in graduate classes at GMU. Yes, Wolenski, GRADUATE CLASSES. It's a bit of a change, but if I'm there, living and making money, then why not get another degree. I figured my name was too short anyway. Kidding!
Anyway, it feels incredible to have everything figured out. I finally know what I'll be doing for the next couple years and how I'll be able to pay bills. All along I said Washington, DC was a goal of mine, and finally I'm going to be there. Oh ya, I start two days after graduation. Monday, 6 a.m., be there. All for now...

JMM

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather Storm said...

Congratulations Mackey!

5:53 PM  
Blogger Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

You're definitely taking control of your future. I hope other people will read your blog and see how important being proactive in making goals, adjusting them, etc.

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home